GeneRally is a freeware arcade racing game that is played from a top-down perspective. The game was originally launched in May 2002 by Hannu and Jukka Räbinä and was an instant hit with gamers from all over the world.
Ten years (and millions of downloads) later and GeneRally is still going strong. And, even though Hannu and Jukka are no longer part of the development team, James Burgess and Markku Hyrkäs have continued to develop new GeneRally releases and have recently announced that a sequel is in development.
Some of GeneRally's key features are:
- 1-6 players
- 12 cars, 36 tracks - thousands of mods
- Time trial, single race & championship modes
- Race in laps, distance or time-based races
- Intelligent, fun AI - they'll give you a run for your money
- Detailed physics - including tyre wear, fuel use & damage
- Support for keyboard and controllers
- Heavily moddable (cars, tracks, sounds, etc.)
- Thriving international community - discuss and race in competitions
- Low system requirements - play on your laptop
If you think GeneRally might be the game for you, head on over to the download page to grab it - it's free!